HELLO!
So since I have exams coming up there is obviously like a tonne of stuff 'd rather do than study.
Which is all good and well especially if you're meeting deadlines. however people will probably argue with you that the quality of your work severely deteriorates if you leave it until the last minute. I however strongly disagree with this. I work better under pressure (or like to lie and tell myself I do). In the spirit of this 've decided to make a list of my favorite things to do to help take the stress out of thinking of the things I should be doing. So enjoy.Procrastination is defined as "the act of replacing high-priority actions with tasks of low-priority, and thus putting off important tasks to a later time."
1. Facebook/Twitter.
'm sure we are all aware of the site but I do find my online activity surges when I have work I should be doing. The only reason for this is that I constantly update pointless things for the sole reason that statuses and tweets are not my assignment. On top of that I like Love stalking people on Facebook and Twitter is good for knowing what my favourite famous people are doing right now. Some might say I haven't a life of my own (and I agree) BUT you know I just call it "taking an Interest".
2.MS Paint.
Now obviously these only provide around five minutes of entertainment at any given time so, When I have something really important to do, I get very creative. While the quality of things you can do isn't great on MS paint, it's good for doing graphic style art and if you work hard enough at it, you'll find you've killed a lot of time and have a pretty picture to show for it. What could be better?
3. Watch Series.
Not that artistic? That's okay BECAUSE you can always watch Telly. Half the time though, there isn't anything worth watching. So, use the internet. Now there are a load of websites to choose from, but personally I love one called "Watch Series", which, I often find has lots of links without time limits and a pretty good quality in general.
Watch Series
4.The M&M Website.
This may seem like an unusual choice but, frankly I love m&ms but that's not why their website is worth wasting your time on. The reason you should waste your time on it, is because it has a few games on it that I actually enjoyed playing. so I very much so recommend checking that out.
M&M's Fun and Games
5. Fail Blog.
Now 'm pretty sure everyone has heard of this but there's something very amusing about the errors that appear in every day life so check it out.
Fail Blog
6. Pretending to be a Computer Hacker.
Now this is one 've recently discovered and it seriously appeals to my inner child. Remember when you were young and saw those hackers in the movies type impossibly fast? and you being the impressionable youth you were, would replicate that action by massing on any keyboard in sight (or was that just me)? WELL this website lets you live out those dreams. Just mash on the keys and be impressed by your mad skills. Just like in the movies.
http://hackertyper.com/
7. Playing with a Virtual Spider.
Now, This choice isn't big on time wasting but, 'm not brave enough to go anywhere near a big spider in the real world and I find this site simultaneously thrilling and horrifying to spend time on this site.
Virtual Spider!
8. Gameboy on Javascript.
This is one of my all time favourites. As a 90's child I, like most 90's children crave the nostalgia of my youth. I think it's fairly safe to say that most of us had a Gameboy and if, you were like me loved it dearly but, lost it or are too lazy to buy new batteries then you'll be glad to know that yes, even hand held games consoles have been made virtual for our convenience.
Virtual Game Boy
9.iDaft.
This one again I think is pretty cool. Basically it lets you play Daft Punk songs on your computer keyboard. I find this to be a great time waster because I try to do the song just right and 'm never sure which order the seemingly random words go in.
iDaft
10. Blogger.
This is the last on my list, because honestly I only made it to procrastinate in the first place and only kind of, hope to share with random strangers (who may or may not ever read this) of what I like to do when I should be doing something else. So if you have an interest you'd like to share with the world wide web, why not try blogging?
Blogger
Bonus Things to do.
These I would only do as a last resort but I do sometimes find myself. . .resorting. . .to them.
- Clean your home/car/room.
- Go outside and enjoy the fresh air.
- Try cooking with an actual recipe from an actual cook book.
- Channel Hop.
- Learn to juggle.
- Sing along to your favourite artist in front of your bedroom mirror and hope no one hears you and laughs.
Alright hope this helps you avoid your important things and that you get them done eventually. Enjoy.

No comments:
Post a Comment